For most folk the off season for golf means hanging up the gear and putting away the golf car. With having to battle the cold temperatures and occasional in-climate weather it can be easy to put it away and await the warmer seasons. But there are some great things you can do with your golf car in the meantime to ensure a great working and great looking cart in the spring.
- If you are using a electric golf car be sure to check the water levels in your batteries, especially if the car is being stored outside. When water levels are too low you run the risk of permanently damaging the battery systems.
- If you are using a gas cart be sure to turn on and run for a few seconds every month or so. This helps keep oil and gasoline from sitting too long and causing damage to the engine.
- One of the best things to do when you are not using you cart is bring it in for an annual service. Annual services include changing oil and filters as well as checking battery performance and other issues that can arise from regular wear and tear.
- If you been holding off on upgrading your car, the off season is a great time to have that done. Lift kits, bluetooth speakers, new rims are some of our favorites here at Masek 🙂
- Trading them in. A golf car can last a lifetime if taken care of properly but this can put a dent in your wallet over the years. Its always a good idea to shop around and see what a newer car can offer you.